Start Time: 09:00
Tour Type: Private
Runs: Every Day except Yom Kippur
Accommodation: 3* Hotel
Minimum Age: 1
Our two days tour starts and ends at the Arava Border, the connection between Eilat in Israel and Aqaba in Jordan. This is a great add-on for a holiday in Israel, giving you the opportunity to see two timeless and fantastic sites in southern Jordan. We meet you on the Jordan side of the border and head directly to Wadi Rum. Here you venture for 3 hours off-road deeper into the desert with its magical colours and rock formations. Next on our program is Little Petra, once a stopping point for camel caravans, and with its sandstone architecture it prepares you for Petra. The capital of the Nabataean with its breathtaking, thousand years old monuments, you explore with your private guide on the second day. Later, your driver brings you back to the Arava Border.
- Discover sand dunes and a rock bridge in Wadi Rum.
- Stroll in Little Petra with Siq Al Barid and sandstone carvings.
- See the beautiful rock hewn façades and monuments in Petra.
Day 1: Arava Border – Wadi Rum – Little Petra – Petra
In the morning, around 09:00, meet our representative inside the Jordanian terminal of the Arava Border. After the border formalities drive one hour to Wadi Rum. Embark a 3 hours 4x4 jeep ride and with your Bedouin driver uncover more of the vast desert. The rugged scenery, the changing colours of sands and mountains, the serene atmosphere will make you understand why Wadi Rum is one of the most impressive desert landscapes in the world. The setting had been used for Hollywood movies. You see canyons, red sand dunes, Thamudic and Nabataean rock inscriptions and a natural rock bridge formed over centuries. Continue 1.5 hours to Little Petra, which gives you a glimpse what to expect the next day in Petra. You enter the site through a narrow canyon which opens up to carved buildings, tombs and water channels. 15 minutes ride to your hotel in Petra.
Town Season Hotel or similar
Day 2: Petra Visit – Araba Border
Today visit the highlight of Jordan, the red rose city Petra! The Nabateans settled here more than 2,000 years ago, making it an important junction for the spice and silk routes. You are able to start as early as 06:00, but early birds, don’t forget to ask the hotel for a breakfast box the day before. Meet your local guide and pass the narrow canyon, the so called Siq, with its colourful sandstone. At the end you will be rewarded with a view of the most beautiful monument: the Treasury. Continue via the Street of Facades to the Royal Tombs and Pharaoh's Castle. After around 2 hours the guide says farewell to you at the restaurant area. You have free time to explore Petra on your own, for instance climb the 800 stairs to see the massive Monastery El Deir. Return to the main gate. Latest 16:00 we drive you back to the Arava Border.
- Meet & greet at the border.
- Private transportation in A/C vehicle with English speaking driver.
- 1 night at hotel with breakfast in Petra.
- English speaking spot guide in Petra (2.5 hours).
- 3 hours jeep ride with Bedouin driver in Wadi Rum.
- Entrance fees to mentioned sites.
- Free Wi-Fi and bottled water on board the vehicle.
- Meals and beverage not stated.
- Departure tax Jordan land border of 10 JD per person.
- Tips and private expenses.
- Departure tax Israeli land border.
• The Arava Border opens at 06:30 (on Fri & Sat at 08:00), and closes at 20:00. The border is closed on Yom Kippur and the Islamic New Year.
• The entry visa fee Jordan costs 40 JD, about 60 $USD per person, for non-restricted nationalities.
• Check-in time at hotels is 14:00, check out-time at hotels is 12:00 noon.
• 4x4s in Wadi Rum desert are old vehicles with no A/C, belonging to the local Bedouin association.
• To respect the local culture please cover shoulders and knees.
• Wear comfortable walking shoes for Petra and depending on season pack sun protection.
• Our staff is trained to follow hygiene and safety protocols.
How to Book this Tour
- After booking the tour with us online, one of our consultants will get in touch within 24 hours. You need to pay then a 25% deposit by credit card or by bank transfer. The full payment is due latest 7 days before tour start.
- Cancellations or changes need to be sent in written form. Charges are as follows:
• 25 $USD of the total price of the trip for cancellations from the date of booking until 31 days before departure.
• 25% of the total price of the trip for cancellations or changes made 30 to 07 days before departure.
• 100% of the total price of the trip for cancellations or changes made 06 to 01 days before departure or no show.
- For refunds we do not cover transaction fees charged by credit card companies and banks.