Start Time: 08:00
Tour Type: Private Day Tour
Runs: Every Day
Minimum Age: 2
Discover Amman and the Dead Sea on this private day tour. Start in Jordan’s capital on the Citadel, then to the Roman Theatre, the old markets in Al Balad and Rainbow Street. By air-conditioned vehicle drive to the Dead Sea. Free time at a private beach including swimming pool and showers. Experience floating in salty, mineral-rich waters and rejuvenate your skin with the mud on the shores.
- Explore on foot the historical places of Jordan’s capital.
- Private tour with a guide at the Citadel and the Roman Theatre.
- Float in the salty waters of the Dead Sea.
- Pickup and drop off hotel in Amman.
Day 1: Amman Hotel - Amman City Tour - Dead Sea Beach - Amman Hotel
08:00 your driver will pick you at the lobby in Amman, holding a sign in your name. Let’s start with a visit to the Citadel, the hilltop site in downtown witnessing several civilizations like the Assyrians, Romans and Umayyads. Major landmarks are the remains of the Temple of Hercules, a Byzantine church, the Umayyad Palace and the small Archaeological Museum. Your local guide will make history come alive. From here you enjoy a panoramic view over hilly Amman and the Roman Theatre. The theatre is next on our list, we reach after a 20 minutes downhill walk. The theatre was built in the 2nd century and offers 6,000 seats. If you are interested in costumes and jewellery time to make a brief visit to the Folklore Museum located on the ground. From the theatre we enter the hustle and bustle of the sounds and smells of the Souqs. Walk along tiny shops, street vendors offering food, traditional clothes, household goods, fabrics and gold. A change of atmosphere you experience when visiting the area of Jabal Amman nearby. In and around Rainbow Street a relaxed ambience with small shops, cafes and cobblestone streets awaits you. - Depending on your liking you complete your Amman tour with one of 3 options to choose from: a simple local lunch or a visit to the Jordan Museum or the Royal Automobile Museum. On Tuesdays the museums are closed, so on this weekday you need go with the lunch.
From Amman hit the road for one hour to reach the lowest point on earth, the Dead Sea. A site, not to miss, when in Jordan. The unique environment is characterized by high annual temperatures, low humidity and high atmospheric pressure, the air is extremely oxygen rich. Have fun with the floating experience in its salty waters or cover yourself with natural mineral mud you find on the shores of the Dead Sea. Return transfer to your hotel in Amman.
- Private Transfer with English speaking driver.
- Hotel pick up and drop off in Amman.
- Local guide at Amman Citadel.
- Entrance fees to mentioned sites.
- Dead Sea beach use with towel.
- Complimentary WiFi and bottled water in our vehicle.
- Meals and beverages not stated.
- Tips and private expenses.
- Others not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and pack for the Dead Sea swimwear, flip flops or water sandals.
- Changing rooms and showers are available at the Dead Sea beach.
- To respect the local culture please cover shoulders and knees when visiting Amman.
- Jordan Museum Opening Hours: 09:00-17:00, Fri 15:00-18:00, Tuesdays closed.
- Royal Automobile Museum Opening Hours: 10:00-19:00, Tuesdays closed.
- Our staff is trained to follow hygiene and safety protocols.
How to Book this Tour
- After booking the tour with us online, one of our consultants will get in touch within 24 hours. You need to pay then a 25% deposit by credit card or by bank transfer. The full payment is due latest 07 days before tour start.
- Cancellations or changes need to be sent in written form. Charges are as follows:
• 100% of the total price of the trip for cancellations or changes made 07 to 01 days before departure or no show.
- For refunds we do not cover transaction fees charged by credit card companies and banks.