Start Time: 07:00
Tour Types: Private Day Tour
Runs: Every Day
On this private day trip from Aqaba discover Petra, Jordan’s most visited attraction. Your local guide introduces you to the rich history of this UNESCO site while marveling at the Treasury, tombs and temples. Enjoy free time in Petra at your own pace before returning to your hotel in Aqaba.
- Uncover the archaeological treasures of Petra.
- Learn its rich history from a local guide.
- Private tour with hotel pickup and drop off in Aqaba.
Aqaba - Petra Visit - Aqaba
07:00 your driver will pick you at the lobby in Aqaba, holding a sign in your name. Start your day tour with a 2 hours drive to Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Petra was first established around the 6th century B.C. by the Nabataean Arabs, a nomadic tribe who settled in the area and laid the foundation of a commercial empire that extended into Syria. Meet your local guide and walk to the 1,2 km long, narrow canyon, the so called Siq, with its colourful sandstone. At the end of the Siq you will be rewarded with a view of the most beautiful monument: the Treasury. Continue via the Street of Facades to the Royal Tombs and Pharaoh's Castle. After around 2 hours the guide says farewell to you at the restaurant area. You have free time to explore Petra on your own. The young at heart for instance have the chance to climb the 800 stairs to the 45 meters high Monastery El Deir.
Return to the main gate. Your driver awaits you and takes you back to your hotel in Aqaba.
- Private transportation in new vehicle with English speaking driver.
- English speaking spot guide in Petra (2-2.5 hours).
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and bottled water on board our vehicle.
- Aqaba hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Meals and beverage not stated.
- Tips and private expenses.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and depending on season pack sun protection.
- Tour guides in Petra are licensed by Ministry of Tourism and are not part of our team.
- A 700 meters horse ride from the main gate to the beginning of the Siq is included in the admission fee Petra. Horse handler expects a tip of 3 JD per horse. Horse drawn carriage, camel or donkey ride can be booked for certain distances and paid on spot.
- Clients with Jordan Pass receive the refund on spot for entrance fees covered with the pass.
- Our staff is trained to follow hygiene and safety protocols.
How to Book this Tour
- After booking the tour with us online, one of our consultants will get in touch within 24 hours. You need to pay then a 25% deposit by credit card or by bank transfer. The full payment is due latest 07 days before tour start.
- Cancellations or changes need to be sent in written form. Charges are as follows:
• 100% of the total price of the trip for cancellations or changes made 07 to 01 days before departure or no show.
- For refunds we do not cover transaction fees charged by credit card companies and banks.