Start Time: 07:00
Tour Type: Private Day Tour
Runs: Every day, Apr to Oct
Minimum Age: 2
Visit 2 of the most renowned destination in Jordan for a day. Explore the archaeological treasures of Petra and lounge on the beach of the Dead Sea. The duration of the tour is 11 hours, 3 hours visit in Petra & 1.5hours free time at the Dead Sea. This tour is only available from 01 Apr to 31 Oct.
- Float in the salty waters of the Dead Sea.
- Discover the rich history of the red rose city Petra.
- Hassle free transfer in a private vehicle.
Day 1: Amman Hotel - Petra Visit - Dead Sea Beach - Amman Hotel
07:00 your driver will pick you from the Amman hotel lobby, holding a sign in your name. Start your day tour with a 3 hours drive to Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Petra was first established around the 6th century B.C. by the Nabataean Arabs, a nomadic tribe who settled in the area and laid the foundation of a commercial empire that extended into Syria. Meet your local guide and walk to the 1,2 km long, narrow canyon, the so called Siq, with its colourful sandstone. At the end of the Siq you will be rewarded with a view of the most beautiful monument: the Treasury. Continue via the Street of Facades to the Royal Tombs and return to the entrance.
After a 2.5 hours transfer you reach the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth. The unique environment is characterized by high annual temperatures, low humidity and high atmospheric pressure, the air is extremely oxygen rich. Leisure time at the beach. The salty water of the lake lets you float, not swim. The mud on the shores is supposed to have healing properties for the skin.
Return to your hotel in Amman.
- Private Transfers with an English speaking driver.
- Hotel pickup and drop off.
- English speaking local guide in Petra (2.5 hours).
- Dead Sea Beach admission and towel.
- Free WiFi and bottled water in the vehicle.
- Meals and beverages not stated.
- Tips and personal expenses.
- Others not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and depending on season pack sun protection.
- To respect the local culture please cover shoulders and knees.
- Tour guides in Petra are licensed by Ministry of Tourism and are not part of our team.
- A 700 meters horse ride from the main gate to the beginning of the Siq is included in the admission fee Petra. Horse handler expects a tip of 5 JD per horse. Horse drawn carriage, camel or donkey ride can be booked for certain distances and paid on spot.
- For Dead Sea don't forget swimwear, flip flops or water sandals.
- Changing rooms and showers are available at the Dead Sea.
- Clients with Jordan Pass receive the refund on spot for entrance fees covered with the pass.
- Our staff is trained to follow hygiene and safety protocols.
How to Book this Tour
- After booking the tour with us online, one of our consultants will get in touch within 24 hours. You need to pay then a 25% deposit by credit card or by bank transfer. The full payment is due latest 07 days before tour start.
- Cancellations or changes need to be sent in written form. Charges are as follows:
• 100% of the total price of the trip for cancellations or changes made 07 to 01 days before departure or no show.
- For refunds we do not cover transaction fees charged by credit card companies and banks.