Start Time: 08:00
Tour Types: Private Day Tour
Runs: Every day
On this day tour you visit the famous mosaic map in Madaba, Mt Nebo where Prophet Moses gazed at the Promised Land and the Baptism Site of Jesus at the Jordan River. After the sightseeing rewind at the Dead Sea Beach before returning to Amman. The tour includes private transportation with an experienced driver and all entrance fees.
- See Madaba and Mount Nebo, two important religious and historical sites.
- Visit Bethany beyond Jordan, the Baptism Site of Jesus.
- Bath in the mineral-rich waters of the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth.
- Private tour with Amman hotel pickup and drop off.
Amman - Madaba - Mt Nebo - Baptism Site - Dead Sea Beach - Amman
08:00 your driver will pick you at the lobby in Amman, holding a sign in your name. Head 30 minutes to the town of Madaba, known as the city of mosaics. You find here examples of Byzantine and Umayyad mosaic art. Visit the famous 6th century floor map of Palestine in Saint George's Church.
Continue to nearby Mt. Nebo, believed to be the burial site of Prophet Moses. Like him you overlook the Jordan Valley, the Dead Sea and parts of the Holy Land. In a small church from the 4th century see some beautiful mosaics.
We continue to the Bethany beyond the Jordan, where John the Baptist lived in a cage and baptized Jesus in the Jordan River. The Baptism Site is recognized as one of the three holiest site of Christianity. A shuttle bus takes you with other visitors closer to the river, nowadays just a stream. The area is also associated with the ascension of the Prophet Elijah into heaven. You see here excavated ruins, remains of Roman and Byzantine churches, wells, baptism pools and caves, where once monks lived.
Dead Sea Beach
Drive to the close by shores of the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth. The salty water of the lake lets you float, not swim. Try the mud on the shores supposed to have healing properties for the skin.
After free time at the beach return to the hotel in Amman.
- Private transportation in new vehicle with English speaking driver.
- Amman hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Entrance fees to mentioned sites.
- Dead Sea beach use including towel.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi an mineral water on board our vehicle.
- Meals and beverage not stated.
- Tips and private expenses.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and depending on season pack sun protection.
- For Dead Sea don't forget swimwear, flip flops or water sandals.
- The last entry to the Baptism Site is in winter (Nov until March) at 15:00 and in summer (April until October) at 17:00
- Be prepared to walk around 2 km at the Baptism Site.
- Our staff is trained to follow hygiene and safety protocols.
How to Book this Tour
- After booking the tour with us online, one of our consultants will get in touch within 24 hours. You need to pay then a 25% deposit by credit card or by bank transfer. The full payment is due latest 07 days before tour start.
- Cancellations or changes need to be sent in written form. Charges are as follows:
• 100% of the total price of the trip for cancellations or changes made 07 to 01 days before departure or no show.
- For refunds we do not cover transaction fees charged by credit card companies and banks.