Start Time: 07:00
Tour Types: Private Day Tour
Runs: Every day
Minimum Age: 2
Enjoy a day tour to the red rose city Petra starting from any hotel or residence in Amman. Experience this so-called lost city, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Learn about its rich history from your local guide, and have free time for your own explorations.
- Visit the rock city Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
- Learn from your local guide about the history of Petra.
- Private tour with Amman hotel pickup and drop off.
Amman - Petra Visit - Amman
07:00 your driver will pick you from the Amman hotel lobby, holding a sign in your name. Start your day tour with a 2.5 hours drive along the Desert Highway to Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Petra was first established around the 6th century B.C. by the Nabataean Arabs, a nomadic tribe who settled in the area and laid the foundation of a commercial empire that extended into Syria. Meet your local private guide. Begin your adventure by walking to the 1.2 km long, narrow canyon, the so called Siq, with its colourful sandstone. At the end of the Siq you will be rewarded with a view of the breathtaking Treasury. The monument consists of an enormous facade which is about 30 meters wide and 43 meters high, engraved out of the red rose sandstone in the early 1st century. You have plenty of photo opportunities. Continue via the Street of Facades to the Royal Tombs and Pharaoh's Castle. After around 2 hours the guide says farewell to you at the restaurant area. You have free time to explore Petra on your own. The young at heart for instance have the chance to climb the 800 stairs to the 45 meters high Monastery El Deir.
Return to the main gate. Your driver awaits you and takes you back to your hotel in Amman.
- Transfers in private, A/C, new vehicle with English speaking, assisting driver.
- English speaking guide in Petra until the restaurant area (about 2.5 hours).
- Mineral water on board of the vehicle.
- Tips and private expenses.
- Others not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Electric golf cart or camel ride in Petra.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and depending on season pack sun protection.
- Expect to cover in Petra 5 to 6 km on foot.
- To respect the local culture please cover shoulders and knees.
- Tour guides in Petra are licensed by Ministry of Tourism and are not part of our team.
- A 700 meters horse ride from the main gate to the beginning of the Siq is included in the admission fee Petra. Horse handler expects a tip of 5 JD per horse.
- An electric golf cart or camel ride can be booked for certain distances and paid on spot.
- Latest with sunset you need to be at the Petra main gate.
- Clients with Jordan Pass receive the refund on spot for entrance fees covered with the pass.
- Our staff is trained to follow hygiene and safety protocols.
How to Book this Tour
- After booking the tour with us online, one of our consultants will get in touch within 24 hours. You need to pay then a 25% deposit by credit card or by bank transfer. The full payment is due latest 07 days before tour start.
- Cancellations or changes need to be sent in written form. Charges are as follows:
• 100% of the total price of the trip for cancellations or changes made 07 to 01 days before departure or no show.
- For refunds we do not cover transaction fees charged by credit card companies and banks.