Tour Types: Private
Runs: Every Day
Accommodation: 4* Hotel, Camp
Minimum Age: 12
The Sahara Tour from Marrakech is an unforgettable journey through the stunning landscapes of southern Morocco, culminating in a magical desert adventure in the Sahara. Drive through the Tizi N’tichka to Ait Benhaddou. Enjoy the unique sightseeing of the most attractive road in southern Morocco. Arrive to Zagora in the Draa Valley. You have the chance to visit here the old Quranic library and a pottery factory. continue to Chegaga where you can enjoy and discover the Erg Chegaga dunes and the Hamada of Draa. trek to a dune and watch a colourful sunset. Dinner and overnight.
- Cross the High Atlas mountain through the Tizi N’tichka Pass.
- Visit the Berber Village of Ait Benhaddou.
- Drive along the Draa Valley passing by fortified Kasbahs.
- Jeep ride and overnight stay at a Sahara Desert Camp in Erg Chigaga.
Marrakech - Tizi N’tichka Pass - Ait Benhaddou - Zagora
07:30 pickup hotel lobby in Marrakech to start your adventure. Drive through the Tizi N’tichka Pass, 2,260 meters above sea level, to Ait Benhaddou. This fortified Berber village is located along the old caravan route to the Sahara, and has served as setting for many great movies. The Kasbah is actually an UNESCO World Heritage Site. On your way you will enjoy the unique sightseeing of the most attractive road in southern Morocco. You discover greenish areas of palm groves lining the path to announce the start of a Saharian Oasis where a patchwork of a domestic vegetation displays itself through a terraces culture of cereals, vegetables, fruit trees, dates, henna, watered by the Draa River.
Arrive to Zagora in the Draa Valley. In the 14th century the Saadians, descendants of the Prophet and originating from Arabia, set out to conquer the Sahara, starting from Zagora. They managed to extend their authority until Timbuktu. Overnight stay at Zagora hotel.
4* Palais Asmaa or similar
Zagora - Tamegroute - Erg Chegaga - Desert Camp
Embark 4x4s to proceed to Tamegroute village. You have the chance to visit here the old Quranic library and a pottery factory. Our driver takes us further to M’hamid Ghizlane, 80 km over a tarred road.
After lunch break (not included) continue to Chegaga where you can enjoy and discover the Erg Chegaga dunes and the Hamada of Draa. You will meet nomads and with some luck see a passing camel caravan on your scenic off-road ride. Don’t miss the experience to trek to a dune and watch a colourful sunset. Dinner and overnight in a Sahara Berber camp, in a private tent with shared bathroom.
Camp with Shared Bathroom
Breakfast & Dinner
Erg Chegaga - Quarzazate - Marrakech
After breakfast at the camp say farewell to the desert and start your long drive back to the bustling city of Marrakech. It will be a long drive via Zagora, Quarzazate and the Tizi N’Tchika Pass with opportunities for photo stops and stretching you legs. The tour ends at your hotel in Marrakech.
- Transportation in private, a/c vehicle with English speaking driver.
- 1 night at hotel with breakfast and dinner in Zagora.
- 1 night at camp with breakfast and dinner in the Sahara.
- 4x4 with driver from Zagora to Chegaga dunes and back to Zagora.
- Meals and beverage not stated.
- Tips and private expenses.
• Regular transfers: For 2 travelers we use medium sized cars, for 3 to 6 persons we use mini vans.
• We recommend not to travel to the Sahara in the summer months June to August due to the high temperatures.
• Dress code: In general both men and women should cover shoulders, upper arms and knees. Avoid transparent and tightfitting clothes.
• In summer time pack lightweight clothes, but also warm clothes when visiting the desert or the Atlas mountains. Warm clothing is needed for the cooler months, November until March.
• Desert stay: Please do not forget to bring your own towel and sanitary products.
How to Book this Tour
- After booking the tour with us online, one of our consultants will get in touch within 24 hours. We inform you when all services are confirmed. You need to pay then a 25% deposit by credit card or by bank transfer. The full payment is due latest 14 days before tour start.
- Cancellations need to be sent in written form. Charges are as follows:
• 29 $USD per person from the day of booking up to 30 days before departure.
• 47 $USD per person for cancellations made between 30 to 15 days before departure.
• 25% of the total price of the trip for cancellations made 15 to 08 days before departure.
• 50% of the total price of the trip for cancellations made between 08 to 02 days before departure.
• 100% of the total price of the trip for cancellations made less than 48 hours before departure.
- For refunds we do not cover transaction fees charged by credit card companies and banks.