Start Time: 08:00
Tour Type: Private Day Tour
Runs: Every Day
Minimum Age: 2
You will be met at your Amman hotel/residence and drive in eastern direction to visit three of the Desert Castles, Kharana, Amra and Azraq. The castles had been built in the Umayyad period between the 7th and 8th century, and Amra castle is a UNESCO World Heritage Site due its fresco paintings. You visit then the Wetland Reserve Azraq, a small oasis in this basalt desert.
- UNESCO World Heritage site tour.
- Explore Wetland Reserve Azraq.
- Discover three desert castles.
Day 1: The Desert Castles and Azraq Oasis from Amman
Today starts our tour to the Desert Castles in eastern Jordan. The Amra Castle adorns with its zodiac dome and the early examples of Omayyad fresco paintings, and there are still the fortress-like mysterious Qasr Kharanah and the black basalt Roman/Medieval Islamic fort at Azraq. Close by Azraq Oasis is located. This is a unique wetland through the only permanent source of fresh water in approximately 12,000 square kilometres of desert. Visitors can see here several natural and ancient built pools, a seasonally flooded marshland, and a popular place for bird watching in spring and autumn. Return transfer to your Amman hotel or residence.
- Transport by private, air conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver.
- Entrance fee to 3 Desert Castles and Azraq Oasis.
- Mineral water on board of the vehicle.
- Meals and beverage not stated.
- Travel insurance, tips and private expenses.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and depending on season pack sun protection.
- To respect the local culture please cover shoulders and knees.
- The best time to visit Azraq Oasis is during spring and autumn.
- Clients with Jordan Pass receive the refund on spot for entrance fees covered with the pass.
- Our staff is trained to follow hygiene and safety protocols.
How to Book this Tour
- After booking the tour with us online, one of our consultants will get in touch within 24 hours. You need to pay then a 25% deposit by credit card or by bank transfer. The full payment is due latest 07 days before tour start.
- Cancellations or changes need to be sent in written form. Charges are as follows:
• 100% of the total price of the trip for cancellations or changes made 07 to 01 days before departure or no show.
- For refunds we do not cover transaction fees charged by credit card companies and banks.