Tour Types: Multi-Day Tour
Runs: Every Day
Minimum Age: 1
This private tour gives you the flexibility to book the accommodation on your own, but let an experienced driver take you to the highlights in the Kingdom of Jordan. Just make yourself comfortable in our vehicle and enjoy your holiday. Explore Amman and the Roman ruins in Jerash, the King’s Way with the religious sites Mt Nebo and Madaba and the Crusader castle in Kerak. You have a full day for sightseeing in the iconic rock city Petra, see the Wadi Rum desert from the back of a 4x4 and relax at the Dead Sea. The tour starts and ends at Amman Airport, includes a private guide in Jerash and Petra. Entrance fees are not covered and we recommend for this program the purchase of the Jordan Pass, strictly speaking the Jordan Wanderer. Except the fees to Mt Nebo and Madaba Church the Jordan Pass covers the entrance fees to all mentioned sites and waives the entry visa fee to Jordan.
- Private 6 days tour with English speaking driver.
- Visit beautiful Petra with a local guide.
- Ride a 4x4 in the dramatic Wadi Rum desert.
- Float in the salt-rich waters of the Dead Sea.
Amman Airport – Amman
Welcome to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan! Our representative welcomes you with a signage at Amman Airport. Transfer about 45 minutes to your booked hotel in Amman (accommodation throughout the tour is not included), check-in, remainder of the day free.
Amman – Jerash – Amman City Tour – Amman
Drive 1 hour to Jerash, once a member of the Decapolis, but its heyday had been under the Romans. It is considered as the best example of a Roman provincial city in the whole Middle East. A local guide will make history come alive. Explore the spectacular Forum, the Roman colonnaded street, the Nymphaeum, theatres and the Temple of Artemis.
Back in the capital continue to the historical places in downtown Amman. You start with the visit of the Citadel to enjoy views over the hilly capital. On the Citadel itself you see remains from the Roman to the early Islamic period, like the Hercules Temple and the Umayyad Palace, and the small Archaeological Museum. Not far away we find the Roman Theatre, which can accommodate up to 6,000 visitors. In the heart of downtown we stroll the markets (Souq), not far away you find Jabal Amman with Rainbow Street. Return transfer to hotel in Amman.
Amman – Mt Nebo – Madaba – King’s Way – Kerak Castle – Petra
Check out from hotel and drive to Mt. Nebo, believed to be the burial site of Prophet Moses. If the weather allows you will have like him a view of the Promised Land. In the remains of the Moses Memorial Church, constructed in the 4th century, you see beautiful mosaics.
Short ride to the town of Madaba, known for its Byzantine and Umayyad mosaic art. Certainly you see the popular 6th century map of Palestine in the Greek Orthodox St. George’s Church. If open, visit to the St John’s the Baptist Church to climb the bell tower.
Wadi Al Mujib
Afterward we drive to Kerak along the famous ancient biblical caravan route, the King's Way. We have a short stop in Wadi Al-Mujib, a great wide valley with magnificent geological formation.
Visit in Kerak the famous Crusader castle built in 1132/34 by King Baldwin I. of Jerusalem.
Proceed 2 hours to your booked hotel in Petra.
Petra visit – Petra
Today visit the highlight of Jordan, the red rose city Petra! You are able to start as early as 06:00, but early birds, don’t forget to ask the hotel for a breakfast box the day before. Meet your local guide and pass the narrow canyon, the so-called Siq, with its colourful sandstone. At the end you will be rewarded with a view of the most beautiful monument: the Treasury. Continue via the Street of Facades to the Royal Tombs and Pharaoh's Castle. After around 2 hours the guide says farewell to you at the restaurant area. You have free time to explore Petra on your own. The young at heart for instance have the chance to climb the 800 stairs to the 45 meters high Monastery El Deir. Return to the main gate. Overnight in Petra.
Petra – Wadi Rum – Dead Sea
Drive 1.5 hours southwards to Wadi Rum, considered as one of the most impressing desert landscapes in the world. Hop in a 2.5 hours 4x4 jeep ride to get an idea of the area with it canyons, sand dunes and Nabatean rock inscriptions.
Then a 4 hours journey lies ahead of you with the final destination, your Dead Sea hotel. The lowest point on earth attracts visitors with its salty, buoyant waters, mineral rich mud on its shores and special climatic conditions. Overnight at the Dead Sea.
Dead Sea – Amman Airport
Dependent on departure time we pick you up from the hotel lobby, 1 hour transfer to Amman Airport to board your flight and say goodbye.
- 1 airport transfer upon arrival.
- 1 airport transfer upon departure.
- Private transportation in A/C vehicle with English speaking driver.
- English speaking spot guide in Jerash (1 hour).
- English speaking spot guide in Petra (2.5 hours).
- 2.5 hours jeep ride with Bedouin driver in Wadi Rum.
- Free Wi-Fi and bottled water on board of our vehicle.
- Tips and private expenses.
- Entrance fees to mentioned sites.
• For entry visa regularities see our blog Visa and Passport Requirements.
• Please check the Jordan Pass from The Ministry of Tourism, www.jordanpass.jo.
• For Dead Sea don't forget swimwear, flip flops or water sandals.
• Wear comfortable walking shoes and depending on season pack sun protection.
• To respect the local culture please cover shoulders and knees.
• Tour guides in Jerash and Petra are licensed by Ministry of Tourism and are not part of our team.
• 4x4s in Wadi Rum are old vehicles and belong to the local Bedouin association.
How to Book this Tour
- After booking the tour with us online, one of our consultants will get in touch within 24 hours. You need to pay a 25% deposit by credit card or by bank transfer latest 14 days before tour start. The full payment is due latest 7 days before tour start. - Cancellations or changes need to be sent in written form. Charges are as follows: • 25 $USD of the total price of the trip for cancellations from the date of booking until 31 days before departure. • 25% of the total price of the trip for cancellations made 13 to 08 days before departure. • 100% of the total price of the trip for cancellations made 07 to 01 days before departure or no show. - For refunds we do not cover transaction fees charged by credit card companies and banks.