Tour Type: Private
Runs: Every Day
Accommodation: 5* Hotels, Camp
Minimum Age: 2
Journey through Jordan from north to south and visit the most stunning sites. Begin in the capital Amman with a visit to downtown and the Roman remains of Jerash. Travel the King’s Way with its biblical and historical sites to the south. Experience the ancient Nabataean capital Petra, drive on a jeep safari into Wadi Rum desert and finally relax at the Dead Sea. The tour includes all private transportation with a driver, 5* hotel accommodation with daily breakfast, a camp stay in Wadi Rum, private guides in Jerash and Petra and all sightseeing mentioned.
- Visit Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
- Float on salty waters at the lowest point on earth.
- Travel along the ancient King’s Way from north to south.
- Stay in a luxury tent in Wadi Rum desert.
Day 1: Amman Airport − Amman Hotel
Welcome to Jordan! Our representative meets you with a signage in front of the immigration Amman Airport. He assists you with the procedure and matches with your friendly, English speaking chauffeur. 45 minutes transfer to your hotel in Amman for check-in.
5* The House Boutique Suites
Day 2: Amman Hotel − Jerash − Amman City Tour − Amman Hotel
Drive 1 hour to Jerash, once a member of the Decapolis, but its heyday had been under the Romans. It is considered as the best example of a Roman provincial city in the whole Middle East. A local guide will make history come alive. Explore the spectacular Forum, the Roman colonnaded street, the Nymphaeum, theatres and the Temple of Artemis. Back in the capital continue to the historical places in downtown Amman. You start with the visit of the Citadel to enjoy views over the hilly capital. On the Citadel itself you see remains from the Roman to the early Islamic period, like the Hercules Temple and the Umayyad Palace, and the small Archaeological Museum. Not far away we find the Roman Theatre, which can accommodate up to 6,000 visitors. In the heart of downtown we stroll the markets (Souq), where to find fruit, vegetables, spices, herbs, clothes, household goods and more. Return to your hotel in Amman.
5* The House Boutique Suites or similar
Day 3: Amman Hotel – Mt Nebo − Madaba − King's Way − Kerak Castle − Petra Hotel
Check out from hotel and drive to Mt. Nebo, believed to be the burial site of Prophet Moses. If the weather allows you will have like him a view of the Promised Land. In the remains of the Moses Memorial Church, constructed in the 4th century, you see beautiful mosaics. Short ride to the town of Madaba, known for its Byzantine and Umayyad mosaic art. Certainly you see the popular 6th century map of Palestine in the Greek Orthodox St. George’s Church. If open, visit to the St John’s the Baptist Church to climb the bell tower. Afterward we drive to Kerak along the famous ancient biblical caravan route, the King's Way. We have a short stop in Wadi Al-Mujib, a great wide valley with magnificent geological formation. Visit in Kerak the famous Crusader castle built in 1132/34 by King Baldwin I. of Jerusalem. Proceed 2 hours to Petra, check into your hotel.
5* Movenpick Resort or similar
Day 4: Petra Tour - Wadi Rum Camp
Today visit the highlight of Jordan, the red rose city Petra! You are able to start as early as 06:00, but early birds, don’t forget to ask the hotel for a breakfast box the day before. Meet your local guide and pass the narrow canyon, the so called Siq, with its colourful sandstone. At the end you will be rewarded with a view of the most beautiful monument: the Treasury. Continue via the Street of Facades to the Royal Tombs and Pharaoh's Castle. After around 2 hours the guide says farewell to you at the restaurant area. You have free time to explore Petra on your own. The young at heart for instance have the chance to climb the 800 stairs to the 45 meters high Monastery El Deir. Return to the main gate. In the afternoon 1.5 hours transfer to Wadi Rum desert. Dinner and overnight at a campsite.
Sun City Camp or similar
Breakfast & Dinner
Day 5: Wadi Rum 3 hours jeep ride − Dead Sea Hotel
Embark a 4x4 and with your Bedouin driver uncover more of the vast desert. The rugged scenery, the changing colours of sands and mountains, the serene atmosphere will make you understand why Wadi Rum is one of the most impressive desert landscapes in the world. The setting had been used for Hollywood movies. You see canyons, red sand dunes, Nabatean rock inscriptions and a natural rock bridge formed over centuries. Journey 4 hours to your hotel at the Dead Sea beach. Chance to do the floating experience and try the dark mud on the shores promising positive effects for your skin.
5* Crowne Plaza Resort or similar
Day 6: Dead Sea Hotel − Amman Airport
Latest check-out from room is at 12:00 noon. Depending on your departure time the driver picks you from the hotel lobby. Private transfer for around 1 hour to Amman Airport to say farewell - Ma'a Salameh!
- Meet & assist upon arrival at Amman Airport.
- Transfer in private, a/c vehicle with English speaking, assisting driver.
- 1 airport transfer upon arrival.
- 1 airport transfer upon departure.
- 2 nights at hotel with breakfast in Amman.
- 1 night at hotel with breakfast in Petra.
- 1 night at hotel with breakfast at the Dead Sea.
- 1 night at camp with breakfast and dinner in Wadi Rum.
- English speaking spot guide in Petra (2.5 hours).
- English speaking spot guide in Jerash (1 hour).
- 3 hours jeep ride with Bedouin driver in Wadi Rum.
- Entrance fees to mentioned sites.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and mineral water onboard our vehicle.
- Entry Visa Jordan (free of charge possible, see Practical Info).
- Meals and beverage not stated.
- New Year's gala dinner supplement if any.
- Tips, portage and private expenses.
• For entry visa and passport requirements see our blog post Jordan Visa Information.
• Check-in time at hotels is 14:00, check-out time at hotels 12:00 noon.
• 4x4s in Wadi Rum are old vehicles without A/C and seat belt. They belong to the local Bedouin association.
• For camping we recommend bringing a torch light.
• Wear comfortable walking shoes and depending on season pack sun protection.
• To respect the local culture please cover shoulders and knees.
• For Dead Sea don't forget swimwear, flip flops or water sandals.
• A 700 meters horse ride from the main gate to the beginning of the Siq is included in the admission fee Petra. Horse handlers expect a tip of 3 JD per horse.
How to Book this Tour
- After booking the tour with us online, one of our consultants will get in touch within 24 hours. You need to pay then a 25% deposit by credit card or by bank transfer. The full payment is due latest 14 days before tour start.
- Cancellations or changes need to be sent in written form. Charges are as follows:
• 25 $USD of the total price of the trip for cancellations from the date of booking until 31 days before departure.
• 25% of the total price of the trip for cancellations or changes made 30 to 08 days before departure.
• 100% of the total price of the trip for cancellations or changes made 07 to 01 days before departure or no show.
- For refunds we do not cover transaction fees charged by credit card companies and banks.