Start Time: 08:00
Tour Types: Private Day Tour
Runs: Every day
Minimum Age: 2
Escape for a day the city of Amman and explore the north of Jordan, a mix of history and nature. First stop at the Greco-Roman remains of Umm Qais, to see the theatre, a basilica and enjoy spectacular hilltop views. Then to Jerash, where you walk with your local guide to the well preserved Roman remains including the Forum and the Temple of Artemis. Your tour includes private transportation, the entrance fees and a guide in Jerash.
- Views over the Golan Heights and the Sea of Galilee.
- Experience the well preserved Roman remains of of Jerash.
- Visit the Greco-Roman remains of Umm Qais.
Amman - Umm Qais - Jerash - Amman
08:00 your driver will pick you at the lobby in Amman, holding a sign in your name. Drive two hours to Umm Qais, once known as Gadara. The town belonged to the famous Decapolis, a union of 10 cities, founded by Alexander the Great. Several poets and philosophers lived here, and this is the place where the Biblical miracle of the Gadarene swine took place. 10:00 start to visit the site on your own, if available a local guide can be booked at your own expense. Walk along the Colonnaded Street to the Theatre and see the Basilica terrace. Enjoy the breath-taking views over the Sea of Galilee and the Golan Heights. Best time to visit is spring when the surrounding hills are lush and green.
Continue one and a half hours to well-known Roman ruins in Jerash, the best example of a Roman provincial city in the whole Middle East. The well preserved ruins had been hidden for centuries in sand, before the excavations started in 1925. Unlike Umm Quais it is more popular and therefore more touristic. Meet your private guide and see Hadrian's Arch, the Hippodrome, Oval Plaza, the Cardo, the Nymphaeum, the Temple of Artemis and the South Theatre.
Afternoon return transfer to your hotel in Amman.
- Private transfer with English speaking driver.
- Hotel pickup and drop off in Amman.
- English speaking guide in Jerash (1 hour).
- Entrance fees on the mentioned sites.
- Complimentary WiFi and bottled water in the vehicle.
- Meals and beverage not stated.
- Tips and private expenses.
- To respect the local culture please cover shoulders and knees.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and depending on season pack sun protection.
- Tour guides in Jerash are licensed by Ministry of Tourism and are not part of our team.
- Our staff is trained to follow hygiene and safety protocols.
How to Book this Tour
- After booking the tour with us online, one of our consultants will get in touch within 24 hours. You need to pay then a 25% deposit by credit card or by bank transfer. The full payment is due latest 07 days before tour start.
- Cancellations or changes need to be sent in written form. Charges are as follows:
• 100% of the total price of the trip for cancellations or changes made 07 to 01 days before departure or no show.
- For refunds we do not cover transaction fees charged by credit card companies and banks.